04 Dec Sports Physio, Lane Cove, NSW, 2066
Sports Physiotherapist near Lane Cove
St Leonards Physiotherapy proudly offer friendly and professional sports physio care to the Lane Cove and surrounding communities. Many sports injuries that cause long periods on the side-line result from not having the proper rehabilitation. Most people use ice and rest, then go back too soon and get re-injured. A quick and successful return to sport requires early assessment of the injury i.e. within 48hours to determine the severity and prognosis. A rehabilitation program is then devised to get you back playing sport as soon as the injury heals.
Our approach (and you’ll like this) is to provide you with an active rehabilitation program so that you can continue exercising while the injury is healing to accelerate recovery and minimize loss of form/fitness. With a wealth of experience in treating rugby, tennis, golf, netball, and running injuries you will get great value from seeing one of our physios.
Stop using quick fixes and solve the problem.
Almost all running injuries are the result of imbalances in your gait. We treat these imbalances using a 3 step process.
1. History and Physical Assessment
- Firstly we use a detailed questionnaire to learn about your problem and injury history.
- Then we assess your flexibility, functional muscle and core strength, and your posture. We also assess the suitability of your footwear and orthotics (if you have any).
2. Video assessment:
- Using a treadmill and video camera we assess your running posture from side-on and behind.
- Not all imbalances can be detected by the naked eye so we review the footage in slow-motion and frame-by-frame to show you what you’re doing well and what you need to work on.
- You can take home a copy of the videos and a comprehensive checklist.
After conducting a comprehensive assessment and learning a lot about your problem we can then determine the underlying cause of your injury.
3. Injury Management Plan:
- We will then formulate a very specific plan to fix your problem which will consist of – hands-on treatment, exercises to improve your flexibility and strength, and running drills to improve your technique.
We see runners of all ages and abilities and are passionate about helping you to get the most out your running. A running assessment will help you to not just recover from an injury, but also to prevent future injuries and boost your efficiency and speed. Whether you’re running to get fit or trying to run a Personal Best we can help you achieve your goals.
To make an appointment contact our team TODAY!